Registering and Consents

You need to consider what approvals are required to hold your market.


Mention was made earlier of the need to work with your local authority who might have a licensing arrangement. It is likely that any consent will ask you to address the following issues:
• Time and Dates
• Public Liability Insurance
• Planning and other permissions
• Production of accounts
• Fly posting
• Health and Safety Risk Assessments including auditing measures
• Fire Assessments and an expectation to provide fire-fighting equipment
• Records are kept ensuring compliance of food traders Demonstrate safe market structures
• Adverse weather plan
• Ensure gas safety with traders
• Ensure LPG safety with traders
• Ensure electrical safety with traders
• An assurance that any damage to highways be rectified
• The removal of waste and litter
• An indemnity for the Council against claims for damage or loss in the case of accident or injury


NEXT >> Guidance for Market Traders



Sample Application of Hire

Sample Consent (Licence)

This website uses cookies to give you the best experience. Agree by clicking the 'Accept' button. If you click 'Decline', you may continue to use the website, but it may not function correctly. To read our full privacy policy you can visit here.